Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sick Day

The one thing you are never prepared for is middle of the night vomit sessions with your kid! We had gone Christmas shopping last night and came home to put Lincs to bed. Jory stayed up working on a fly rod and I did some work for clients. I finally went to bed about 1:30am and Jory came in about 2:00am. At 3:00am, we were awoken abruptly by Lincoln VOMITING!! Oh it was AWEFUL!!! But when it is not? We had first thought it was him just having a vomit episode that he gets so often, but this stuff was STINKY-worse then normal. Jory got in the tub with him and I got him out to get him dry, dressed and back to bed. Then... he started throwing up again! Yeah, this wasn't an episode AT ALL! This poor little man continued this every 10-20 minutes for almost 4 hours!! It was so very sad. I am not exaggerating here, I did 4-5 loads of laundry during the night. We went through EVERY blanket and towel in the house. He has no clean clothes left either-those are still waiting to go through the wash. Clearly we learned after 2-3 outfits just to let him run around in a diaper!

He FINALLY fell asleep at 6:30am. We both went to sleep and at 8:30am, I was jolted out of my sleep, yet again, by my mechanic calling to tell me he figured out what was wrong with my car, but he doesn't know how to fix it and has researched it and can't find ANYTHING on how to fix the problem. AHHHHHHH!!!! It was NOT going to be a good day at all. I was so depressed!! Around 9am, Lincoln woke up and was bawling for his Bubba (his sippy). He was STARVING. ??? Of course we were both nervous to give him anything, but he wouldn't stop crying-he was so sad! So I put a tad bit of apple juice and watered it down. He GULPED that sippy like it was no body's business. He started perking right up. He wanted more though, so we gave him a tiny bit more.

Then came the runs... geez! We put him in the tub again and gave him a little more water and put him to bed with a movie on. When I went back to check on him, he was laying on his stomach just smiling away. Once again... ??? He wanted to get down and he started running around playing. Then I KNEW what was next! YEAP... sure enough, he puked down the hallway! Thank goodness for hardwood floors eh? :) That has been the last of it so far. He's is playing around the house acting like my cute boy. Not that I'm not grateful or anything, I'm just saying this isn't like ANY stomach bug I've ever had!!! We are praying that we don't get it as well, but it was a bad one, so we are just planning on it coming in the dark of the evil night!

PS-Sorry if this is graphic and gross but since this is my journal and this IS the events of the day, I had to record them! Hey, at least I didn't photograph this event! lol!!!!

No comments: