Sunday, October 3, 2010

Missouri-Lincoln's Place

Anyone who knows us really well knows that I had loved the name Lincoln for quite some time. I mean years before he was born. Laura and I have a lot of the same taste (I can't tell you how many times we come to church wearing the same clothing the other had purchased previously.) Anyways, Peter and Laura had a little boy named Lincoln 3 years ago that passed away shortly after he was born. It was completely devastating (for me too). After we found out we were having a boy, I wanted to name him Lincoln that much more in honour of my dear friend.

Laura took us to "Lincoln's Place." It is a quiet, peaceful and beautiful temporary resting place for their little boy and the girls big brother. I'm not going to lie, I got pretty emotional inside while we were there. It was a quiet reminder that anything like this could happen to me or anyone else that I love. There was another baby resting close to Lincoln's spot who was 5 months old. I about burst into tears as this is my Linc's age. I couldn't imagine something like this and the heartbreak I would feel. Being a mother has changed me in so many ways.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It really was such an honor to show my chubbers "Lincoln's Place" When he is much older and can understand more, I hope to take him back.

No comments: