Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Career's Greatest Truth

In case anyone hasn't noticed, there is an ABUNDANCE of photographers right now. From Provo to Ogden, there are OVER 4,500 registered photographers. This means that there are probably at least that many that AREN'T registered. Which then makes the competition very tough and you just have to be that much more on top of the styles and keep your prices lower if you want to book. I'm quite certain this is the most popular career to have right now. And why not? It's fun, glamourous, idolized and you can make a junk load of money right? Let me show you the raw reality of my job...


ROFL!!!! Hilarious right?!?! I had a good laugh and after all, it really is true! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job and truly can't think of anything else I would want to do career wise, but sometimes it's not as glamourous as you think. AT.ALL! Of course, being a mother is my top priority and career, but photography is my passion and I LOVE it! I have considered giving it up because of HOW much I LOVE my baby and how much time this takes up and away from him, but I can't. I love it too much and just need to prioritize my life better. Also, I am secretly dying to go back to school and get back into the artistic aspect of photography and one day this will be a reality. Hopefully sooner then later.

No comments: