Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Being Looked After

The following email was in my inbox this morning....


Hey there friend. I've been meaning to respond to your blog posts from a while back. I read this scripture tonight and it made me think of you...

And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs...and this will I do that...ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions. 
Mosiah 24:14
I know the stuff with your car is super crazy and I can only imagine how stressful Lincoln's surgery was. I hope you are seeing brighter days. Love you dear friend.


I have read and re read this scripture so very many times! I LOVE this scripture. I love how the Lord works in mysterious ways and through others. I NEEDED this email and this scripture. I NEEDED this reminder. It was the perfect reminder of the Lord's love for me and how he NEEDS me to have friends like her. He knows WHY I need her in my life and it is not by coincidence that he put me where he did and when. I believe that with ALL my heart!!


Last week while I was getting ready for my bridal fair, I was feeling rather discouraged because this is how I help take care of my family so I don't have to put Lincoln in daycare to go back to work. This is seriously one of my greatest fears. There is A LOT of amazing competition here with photography. It is an over saturated market and on this day I was feeling rather low and incompetent. I went to get the mail and there was a little card in the mail from one of my bride and grooms from their wedding I shot last month. They couldn't think of how to properly thank me for the wonderful work, patience and kindness I had shown them. They were so beyond happy with everything I had done for them and that they planned on referring everyone they know my way and having family pictures done by me each year. I can't lie, it made me tear up as I read it. It truly was EXACTLY what I needed in that moment. Once again, AMAZING how the Lord works in mysterious ways.


So yes dear friend, it is people like you and my dear clients that help me to see brighter days! How do I make it through with out all your love and support? It is impossible! 


Then there are just the small things in life that you just gotta make you laugh. Like this quote...



Why I think this is just so hilarious, I'll never know. But I just couldn't stop laughing. I am a quote junkie and this one is saved on my board of quotes on Pinterest! But sometimes, it's hysterical quotes, friends looking out for us or just baby kisses that can help you make it through a hard patch in life. Lincoln gets me through more then I realize. He makes me laugh so hard. Sometimes, this happens when I shouldn't be laughing-like a public tantrum. I can't help it though. I'll work on it, but probably not. 

No comments: