Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Freedom







I chose the title of this blog because today is the day we celebrate the birthday of the USA as well as our freedom. However, it almost seems like little by little our freedom is being taken away. We started our 4th out by waking up at 5:30am and heading down to Provo. I signed up with a friend of mine to run the Freedom Run 2012 5k. When I woke up that early ready to throw up, I totally regretted making this choice, but I didn't want to let me friend down. Jory & Lincs came down to support and cheer me on. I am so glad they were there! I think there was at least 600 people that showed up to run this race. IT WAS AMAZING!! There were soooo many other there cheering us on, so it totally made me push myself a lot more then I did. I was able to finish the 5k in 36mins. So basically, I was running each mile at about 11 minutes each. I've wanted to do a race for a long time, so I am so glad I had the opportunity to do this one. It was extremely rewarding for me.

Afterwards, Jory REALLY wanted to go to McDonalds. Shocker... I got a egg McMuffin and this will be the LAST time I EVER eat eggs. I am certain I am deathly allergic to them. My stomach hurt for HOURS afterwards. SO.BAD!! We all had a nap when we got home and have just been hanging out all day. It's been nice to just hang out you know? Who knows if we'll do anything fun tonight, but it's nice just to not have anything to do.


No comments: