Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Diaper Deals

When you have your first baby, everyone gives you sooo much advice. And this advice is important and helpful for a first time mom. However, you find out that what works for some, doesn't work for you. I had quite a few people tell me that diapers are diapers and it doesn't matter the brand because they all do the same thing. Well... in my experience, this is false! When Lincoln was a new born, We used both Huggies and Pampers. I really didn't have a preference until he was about a month old. Every morning I'd find him totally leaked out of his diaper and soaked onto the bed. I figured since we had been blessed with so many people giving us diapers, I'd just try another brand. So we tried the Pampers and they have been AMAZING for him. I know some people swear by whatever brand they use, but really... I TRULY believe it depends on the individual baby.

That being said, I am floored at how much diapers cost! BARF! I have been blessed so far to be able to stay at home with Lincoln and have cut coupons, looked for good deals anywhere I could, etc. I am in LOVE with Amazon! I can't even say it enough. I have bought all my camera equipment there as well. I decided to look to see the cost of diapers and was excited to find out about their ship and save program. A box of Pampers Size 3 diapers cost $40.88, still cheaper then anywhere else I've found. However, if you sign up for the ship and save program, you get 30% off you box of diapers AND you get FREE 2 day shipping. AMAZING...

Well, in the Parenting Magazine that I have this subscription for, there has been 20% additional off any box of diapers pretty much every month. Sweet... To top that off, I received a $10 off any purchase in the Amazon Baby Store in the mail recently. Ummmm.... are you kidding me?

The box of Pampers Size 3 Diapers that have 204 diapers in it that normally cost $40.88, arrived on my door step for $8.94. I am quite proud of myself! You just can't beat that eh?

No comments: